Friday, May 15, 2009

Wow, it's been way too long since I've updated this thing!

A lot has happened in the interim, for sure. I've changed jobs, and have been at http://www.bicyclesinc.com for over a year now. It's been good, with very few bumps in the road, which is nice. Back in March of this year, (2009) I finally got my USAcyling Race Mechanics License, which makes me part of a pretty dang elite few. I'm the ONLY one in Tarrant county, TX, and one of only 11 in the entire STATE!

What that does for me is enable me to work support for bigger bike races, which has been a goal of mine for quite a while now. Eventually, I'd like to earn a position with either a Neutral Support program,such as Mavic, or Shimano, or become a full time team mechanic.

Nothing is quite like being the guy on the back of the Moto, or the guy working the pit, especially during an important race, it's really stimulating!

No comments: