Thursday, May 21, 2009

On the bike...

Well, I've managed two 2 hour rides so far this week, and I must say it's wonderful to be back on.
It's funny, a few years ago, a 2 hour ride would've been not even the halfway point of the ride. I used to ride 100 miles every Sunday, and at one point, did that for 3 months in a row, not missing a beat. Right now, I'm doing good to get 100 miles a week. But this too is changing, for the better.
Muscle memory is an amazing thing to me, no matter how out of condition I am, the legs remember what to do when I'm on a bike, and the position is assumed with no drama.
The main thing for me to do at this point is to be consistant with it, and I'll bump it up to 3 hour rides, then 4, then... who knows.

1 comment:

Commute-a-sarus said...

I too have not had time for riding this year and am trying to ride more maybe I'll see you on the road sometime.